When working out, everyone has an ideal body they work towards, regardless of whether it involves weight loss or muscle gain. There are more than enough home workout routines you can follow to lose weight, but when it comes to muscle gain, you rarely get home workout suggestions. However, this isn’t entirely right, and when done with the right precision, one can effectively build muscle at home with minimal equipment – just a pair of dumbbells. Dumbbells are as versatile as they come in regards to workout equipment, and there are many upper body dumbbell workouts you can work with to achieve your goals.
Upper body dumbbell workouts can give you multiple benefits along with aid in muscle gain, like fixing muscle imbalances, increasing strength, etc. They engage your muscles and put them under considerable strain in order to work towards building muscle. Here’s a short guide to some effective upper body dumbbell workouts you can go in for:
- Arnold Press: Begin this exercise by standing straight and holding a dumbbell in each hand, palms facing inwards. Now, push your arms upwards together but instead of going straight up, twist in a way that your palms are facing outwards by the tie your arms are over your head. Reverse this motion and bring your palms back in when you lower your arms. Repeat this a few times.
- Bicep Curls: Stand straight with the hip-width distance between your feet and a dumbbell in each hand, palms inwards. Keep your muscles engaged and do this exercise with controlled precision. Bend your arms at the elbows and bring the dumbbell up to your shoulder; make sure your arms stay close to your body. Gently lower the bicep and repeat.
- Dumbbell Flye: Lie down on a bench with your hands straight up, a dumbbell in each hand and palms facing each other. Then, gently lower your arms at the sides to rest in a horizontal position and let them go as low as comfortable. Remember to do this carefully and not lower your arms with too much force
- Dumbbell Bench Press: Lower your upper body on a bench and keep your feet firmly planted on the floor. Raise the dumbbells straight above your head, palms upwards. Lower your arms by bending them at the elbows and see that they go slightly below the shoulder level. Keep your arms a comfortable distance away from your body.
- Press Ups: This is basically a pushup variation that can be done using dumbbells. Lower two dumbbells onto the floor and get into a plank position, holding them. Keep your entire body straight and lower your upper body supported by the dumbbells, then bring it back up in a press-up. Continue this for a few minutes.
These upper body dumbbell workouts and more will effectively kickstart your muscle gain process, and you can continue the same with more exercises like overhead press, lunges, one arm swing, etc. Check out the cult.fit’s upper body dumbbell workout pack for detailed, professionally guided sessions that will teach you how to make your workouts effective. Get started!