One amazing fact is that if you consume just a tablespoon of turmeric daily, you will be able to prevent all kinds of diseases!
Turmeric is one of the oldest superfoods, which has been used for over two and a half millennia. Numerous studies have confirmed its potent medicinal properties, which are a combination of its strong anti-inflammatory, antifungal, and antibacterial qualities.
We will reveal 25 amazing facts about this incredible spice:
- Turmeric inhibits the growth of the new blood vessels in tumors.
- According to scientists at the University of South Dakota, pretreatment with curcumin can make the cancer cells more prone to chemo and radiotherapy.
- Its anti-inflammatory properties are helpful in the treatment of arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Epidemiologists believe that being a daily addition to curries in India, turmeric is the main culprit for the low rates of Alzheimer’s disease there.
- It is a natural painkiller and cox-2 inhibitor.
- It naturally detoxifies the liver.
- It improves the effects of chemo drug paclitaxel and reduces its adverse effects.
- Rodent studies at the University of Texas showed that it stops the growth of skin cancer, melanoma and it decelerates the spread of breast cancer into the lungs.
- It slows down the progression of multiple sclerosis in mice.
- Curcumin lowers the risk of childhood leukemia.
- Researchers at the Kansas State University found that its addition to meals lowers the levels of heterocyclic amines, which are carcinogenic compounds created when the meat is fried, barbecued, or boiled, by up to 40%.
- Its powerful antiseptic and antibacterial properties disinfect cuts and burns.
- It prevents metastases in various cancer types.
- It effectively delays liver damage, which might cause cirrhosis, as found at the Medical University Graz in Austria.
- Studies have shown that it prevents the spreading of breast cancer to the lungs in mice.
- In a combination with cauliflower, it prevents prostate cancer and inhibits the growth of the existing one.
- It is beneficial in the case of psoriasis and other inflammatory skin conditions.
- It removes the amyloid plaque deposits in the brain, and thus prevents and slows down the progression of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Turmeric prevents melanoma and also treats the existing one.
- It accelerates wound healing and helps the regeneration of the damaged skin.
- It helps the metabolism of fat and helps weight loss.
- It offers the same effects as anti-inflammatory drugs, but without their side-effects.
- It is very helpful in the case of multiple myeloma.
- The Chinese have long used it in the treatment of depression.
- New studies show promising results of turmeric in the treatment of pancreatic cancer.
- You can take a tablespoon of it on a daily basis, but you can also incorporate it into your diet.
These are the easiest ways to use its amazing benefits:
Spice Up Your Food
You can add turmeric to any meals, apart from desserts. Add it to meat dishes, eggs, cooked vegetables, smoothies, soups, rice, pasta, and more.
To prepare turmeric tea, boil 4 cups of water, add a teaspoon of ground turmeric, leave it to simmer for 10 minutes, and strain it. Add lemon and honey, and enjoy!
You can find organic turmeric supplements in all health food stores.
Mix it With Castor Oil for Skin Detox
To detoxify the skin, mix it with some castor oil. Moreover, women can apply it to the breast and under the arm, to pull out all the toxins from the lymph nodes and fat cells of the breast.
Therefore, there are many ways in which you can reap the amazing benefits of turmeric. Choose what suits you the most, and watch it act!